Hello beauties, we all know that sleep is important, but most of us sacrifice our beauty sleep to get some more screen time. Sound familiar? It’s easy to get stuck in front of our phones in the bedroom but let’s look at the benefits we are trading in for a few episodes of Love and Hip Hop.
5 Beauty Benefits of Sleep
- Skin produces collagen while you sleep. That’s right, the expensive products that we swoon for in the stores are actually produced by our own bodies when we get enough sleep.
- Blood circulation happens while you’re knocked out. Our body is pumping blood throughout our systems during the night, giving us a glowing completion.
- Eye puffiness reduces, and we look bright-eyed and ready to go. If you wake up from a late night Netflix binge, chances are you’re going to have dark circles. Try getting some shut-eye to have alert, bright eyes the next day.
- Fewer wrinkles. When we are sleep deprived, it stresses out our bodies because we are not allowing our systems to engage in rejuvenation, which takes over 5 hours to complete. So when we’re only getting less than 5 hours, our skin gets drier and we’re more prone to wrinkles.
- Our hair gets more nutrients. Most people do not know this, but our hair follicles receive nutrients through our blood stream. Since blood flow decreases if we lack sleep, our hair is actually starved of nutrients, leading to more breakage.
How much sleep are you getting a night, and what’s your nightly routine? Share your comments below and remember, beauty is an effort!